When you gather information about arbitrage betting, you are facing several questions about this betting industry. Back in time when I started, it was hard to get detailed information or data about arbitrage betting.
One of my first questions was about: where can I find arbitrage bets?
There are three main possibilities of finding arbitrage bets or opportunities at bookmakers:
- Searching arbitrage bets manually by opening the same match at both bookmakers and comparing odds for arbitrage opportunities
- Using Free arbitrage scanner Software for searching
- Using Paid scanner Software services for searching Arbitrage bet opportunities
All these ways of finding arbitrage bets have their benefits and disadvantages. In the following part of this article, you can find out which way of searching arbitrage bets is best suiting your needs.
Table of Contents
1. Searching arbitrage bets manually
The industry of smart betting has evolved a lot in the past few years. The arbitrage bettors and the smart bettors, in general, are getting smarter and smarter.
They are finding new ways of finding new opportunities. Sad news for all of us bettors, the bookmakers are evolving too in that same speed, making it harder and harder to find arbitrage opportunities.
Back in 2010-2015, it was fairly easy to find arbitrage bets manually. The bookmakers have made a lot of mistakes and you could place bets easily.
As time has passed the arbitrage scanner services got bigger, they scanned a lot of bookmakers. These services got greater attention from bettors, so more and more of us started to use them.
The more people are using these services the more people are betting on the same outcome of a match. This means that an arbitrage opportunity is getting too much attention and the odds on those bets are dropping.
For a beginner arbitrage bettor, this means that the chance of finding an arbitrage opportunity is getting small.
Even though scanner services are making it hard to find wrong odds manually, there is still some hope for finding arbitrage bets manually.
These services can not scan every bookmaker and every market at events. Knowing this you can have better chances finding arbitrage bet opportunities.
Some tips for finding arbitrage bets manually:
- Find some bookmakers which are available in your country
- Have a look at arbitrage scanner services whether they are scanning that bookmaker or not (it is hard to find one which is not scanned, but hope for the best)
- Choose a sport which you are familiar with. I think for beginners, football and tennis are the best, to begin with
- Open the same sports event at more bookies
- Compare the odds of the same market at every bookmaker you have. In the beginning try the markets with only two outcomes: over/under goals, over/under corners, over/under cards. If you are familiar with handicap markets you can have a look at them too.
- For manual search, I would suggest having more attention on tennis markets
- For comparing odds you can find several free calculators by searching in google for arbitrage calculator
Finding arbitrage bets manually before the start of the event is very hard. I think it is not worth your time. But finding wrong odds and arbitrage opportunities in a live event is still a good possibility these days.
If you are a beginner in arbitrage betting it is good to know that bookmakers are making the most of their mistakes in live events.
Even though you have more arbitrage bet possibilities, the odds are moving really fast. Being successful in manual searching at live events needs a lot of experience.
Tips for finding arbitrage bets manually on live events
- Markets that are moving fast are one of the best opportunities for finding arbs
- It is better to place the first bet on the wrong odds (they are more likely to drop)
- Markets that may be good for arbitrage bets on football: over/ under goals, corner, handicap markets, next corner market, over/under red or yellow cards
- Markets for arbitrage bets on tennis: over/under games in set and the match too, handicap markets, set winners. It is better to wait for the breaks to place your bets. This way you reduce the chance of losing a big amount of money. That is because if the market is not moving in the right way on the next points the odds you have to place is dropping.
- Good markets on Basketball could be over/under points, handicaps, and winners in quarters, half. The same rule applies to tennis if you are not very experienced in betting at basketball.
Finding arbitrage bets on live events is mostly for more advanced bettors, so if you just started your betting journey you can have more chances with the next method of finding arbitrage bets with free software.
2. Using Free arbitrage scanner Software to find Arbitrage bets
For beginner arbitrage bettors this method Is the most favorable for finding arbs and growing your bank. These services are scanning the bookmakers with scripts and comparing their odds for finding arbitrage opportunities.
Advantages of using free arbitrage scanners:
- If you are a beginner arbitrage bettor, you can gain experience without paying for the service
- You can grow your bank faster than finding arbs manually (if you are a beginner)
- You can check which bookmaker can be good for your needs
- You can complete your bonus requirement rollovers faster
Disadvantages of using free arbitrage scanners:
- The maximum % of return on arbs at free scanners are only 1%
- Most of them are showing the arbs with a delay of approximately 1 minute. So those who have paid for the arbitrage scanner service have 1-minute advantage of placing those bets before the odds start dropping
- A lot of people are using these free services, so the chance of being flagged as an arber is high
- You miss a lot of good opportunities because of delay and 1% limit of profit
Down below you can find some arbitrage scanner services which have a free platform too. I do not have an affiliate connection with them, but I found them the most valuable when I started betting.
|Service name||Web |
|Max arb %||Delay|
|Betburger||Web||1%||60 s Prematch |
You can find a more detailed review of free services here.
3. Using Paid Arbitrage scanner Software services
Using the paid version of these services most of the time has a big impact on the quality and the number of your arbitrage bets. This way you will not face delays and there will be no maximum profit % limitation at arbitrage bets.
Advantages of using paid arbitrage scanners:
- No delay at showing new arb opportunities
- No profit % limitations
- You can see arbitrage opportunities that are not available in the free version due to these limitations
- Way bigger returns on your arbs
Disadvantages of using paid arbitrage scanners:
- Some of the subscriptions can be expensive for a beginners experience and bankroll
- There is a chance that you get limited at bookmakers before the subscription ends at scanner service – if you do not have new accounts that could mean dead money
- You might feel pushed to use the software even if you do not have the mood or time for work (because you paid for it).
Below you can find some arbitrage scanner services:
|Web or app||Pre-match |
To avoid any misunderstanding, I have to note that price differences do not mean a very big quality difference as well.
When should you move to a new betting strategy? Read it.
I think finding arbitrage opportunities manually is more suitable for experienced bettors. They can easily spot new opportunities on markets not scanned by arbitrage scanner services.
Finding arbitrage bets on free services could be very helpful while completing rollover requirements on bonuses or when you are starting to learn about this industry of sure bets and smart betting in general.
Paid arbitrage scanner services will give you a big boost in the quality and quantity of your bets. These services are coming with high prices for a beginner.
Opting for a weekly subscription can help you in deciding if the service is appropriate for your needs.
For more tips about arbitrage and value betting click here.
Want to know how much you can make from arbitrage betting? Click here
Finding overpriced odds without using any software.
Some bookmaker scanners are offering free services with some delay and some limitations.
Best tools for making money from sports betting.