In this article, I will only touch the surface of how to delay being gubbed. I will try to share some useful, practical information about how to try to avoid limitations at bookmakers for as long as possible.
Table of Contents
Timing in sports betting to avoid limitations
There are two ways of betting regarding the timing: before the start of the match (pre-match) and live betting.
It is known, that pre-match smart bettors are more likely to get limited by bookies. The market lines and odds before the start are moving way slower than during in-play.
This way bookmakers have a bigger chance of catching players with suspicious betting activity.
Beginner sports bettors
For beginner bettors, the easiest way of stepping on this road is paying for a scanning service for pre-match, and placing the arbitrage bets or value bets before the start of the sports event in order to avoid the fast odds and line changes.
You can calculate the stakes, but this deficit of experience and the following of the scanner services are coming with fast limitations of your accounts.
Those limitations are coming way faster than they would come in live betting or with a strategy that can’t be included in scanner services.
Keeping this in mind, pre-match betting should be used only for a very short period until you get comfortable with the odds, markets, and the world of sports betting.
I think that the most optimal strategies are for live betting, for pre-match betting, at bookies that are not scanned by any service. The other options are sharp bookmakers, which are less likely to limit smart bettors.
Tips to avoid limitations in arbitrage betting:
- Don’t deposit too much for the first time (even in wealthier countries the first deposit with more than 500 euros can be a red flag)
- Avoid betting on small leagues like itf in tennis, brazil junior league in football, etc. Normal bettors are placing bets on first league matches…most of the times
- Round stakes: do not place stakes like 51 euros, 35.5 euros. Round them up or down (50 euros, 35 euros), this way they can’t flag you so easily as an arbitrage bettor of smart bettor in general
- It helps if you start with accumulator bets and sometimes mix your bets with these ones too
- It is wise to avoid placing bets with too big value: for example, an arbitrage opportunity of 6-8% can flag your account even in live betting
- Do not request money withdrawal from your account until you are limited (my personal experience)
- Avoid using maximum available stake, it is healthier to place like 60-70% of it
- Do not use bookmakers with bad reputations (there are several websites to check them). They might require too many documents for verification, some extreme ones too (selfie in from of your home with id :)) ). And even then they can confiscate your money
For more information, you can read the article about how to avoid being gubbed or limited while smart betting.